I agree with Phil--we need an updated version of OGNL. Last week I was able to reproduce the OGNL race condition under JBoss on windows with JDK 1.5. If it was strictly limited to Websphere 5.1 under Linux/Windows, I wouldn't be pushing so hard. However, it looks like it's more widespread than that. (Phil's patched version of OGNL resolved the issue)
Tom

Philip Luppens wrote:
Can a problem in a dependency hold back a GA ? I'm talking about
WW-1615 [1] (OGNL race condition). The bugfix is trivial, but we need
a new release for that. Patrick should have set up Jesse by now (its
new maintainer), so we can expect an official bugfix release rather
soon.

I guess I have some troubles with pushing a GA if such an important
dependency is having a known bug. We're already aware of S2 being
slower than S1, let's not kill whatever performance we have left with
a race condition, even if it's caused by a dependency rather than the
actual framework.

Of course, if this has nothing to do with it, then just disregard this message.

Cheers,

Phil

[1] https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-1615