Hey Patrick,
Haven't had time to look at this any further.  Yes, I definitely would build
on top of the ActionMapper stuff--that's already abstracted out so nicely I
didn't even mention it. :)  I might have some time this weekend to dig into
this further.  (I was too busy releasing the first version of table tags
this weekend to look at this)
Tom