There's a few parts of GoogleCode that are still quirky. I'm
disappointed that the Subversion alerts do not include the DIFFs.
We've had to resort to posting our own daily DIFFs. The immutable
issue descriptions is also awkward. But, the other sites also have
their own quirks too. It does seem like GC is on the right track, so
it's going to remain my own independent open source host of choice for
now. I'm no fan of moin-moin, but it will be interesting to see what
happens with this notion of storing wiki pages under SVN.
I agree that the issue tracking leaves much to be desired compared to JIRA, but since my projects aren't real active, I've only had to deal with 5 issues total so far. :-)
Meanwhile, for our next battle, what do we need to do to get a
JiveForum setup for the Struts list somewhere. In the past, the best
way to get something into the ASF infrastructure is to vote with our
feet and host it somewhere else first. Then, we can point and say "Yet
it moves!".
For the dev list, there's already something setup at opensymphony:

http://forums.opensymphony.com/forum.jspa?forumID=34

I think it would be trivial to setup the user list. Then it's just a matter of moving it over to an apache server.