See http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/codebehind-plugin.html

The very first line from the docs are:
*
Default results* - The purpose of most Actions is to execute code to prepare the data for a specific page. The name of this page is often the same as the Action itself.

Is this not what your looking for, or is there more to it? I've seen the Spring MVC support for this and this looks like exactly the same functionality to me. In fact the struts version is more flexible because it looks for /NAMESPACE/ACTION-RESULT.jsp as well as /NAMESPACE/ACTION.jsp.
Tom

mraible wrote:
Is there a default success result when using Zero configuration?  I'd like to
see this feature added.  Spring MVC has something similar, as does Tapestry.
It's quite nice to simple create a controller, as well as a view without
having to configure anything.

http://www.springframework.org/docs/reference/mvc.html#mvc-coc-r2vnt

Implementation ideas: specify the default directory on the filter, then name
the JSP the same as the URL.

For example, TestAction would expect a test.jsp page.

Specify the default result type should be possible in struts.xml.  Maybe
this setting should go there as well.
Does the actionPackages configuration belong in struts.xml instead of
web.xml?

Thanks,

Matt