Bob Tiernay wrote:

If adding a jstl enabled tld is because it's "dangerous" with ognl expression use, then
make the uri: "struts-dangerous"! If it's because there is a process issue, lets discuss
:)

Bob

Process issue : an APT task automatically generates the TLD using annotations on each of the Tag component classes. It wouldn't be sensible to change the annotation or the standard taglib annotation process to support the two TLD versions. So if its desirable, I recommend coming up with something that can be included in the mvn build process to generate the alternate TLD. If that exists I'm sure there'd be little hesitation to bundle the alternate TLD in the releases.