I recognize that this isn't specifically an xwork question, but I'm investigating a bug that's tickled by xwork code, and I was hoping someone might be able to point to where I should be asking this question...

I'm trying to get my struts2 app running under Sun's glassfish distribution on a windows box (XP, SP3). Pages seem to render fine when not logged in, but when logged in instead I wind up with pages and pages of exceptions, seemingly all rooted in an exception (URI is not hierarchical) thrown at com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.DefaultValidatorFactory.parseValidators (Possibly due to an additional component only included for logged-in users, which happens to include a form that is being added to the page in a recursively called .tag file.)

I had thought that the patch applied for XW-611 is what uncovered the problem, but I just tested rolling back that change, and it did not help.

After quite a bit of digging I've found that the cause is a malformed URL (missing the initial '/') included in the results of Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().getResources("")

file:/C:/Sun/SDK/
file:/C:/Sun/SDK/domains/domain1/lib/classes/
file:/C:/Sun/SDK/domains/domain1/applications/j2ee-modules/myApp/WEB-INF/classes/
file:C:/Sun/SDK/domains/domain1/generated/ejb/j2ee-modules/myApp/

I've done a bunch of searching to try to find where that classpath is constructed, or any other reports of similar issues, but found neither.

I seem to be going in circles. Can anyone here point me in another direction?

-Dale