I've kind of lost track of the original point anyway :/

Al mentioned that adding environment awareness to JSF makes people lazy. I jumped in and stated I disagreed and that adding this just allows people that need it to use it. From what I've gathered thus far (Al correct me if I'm wrong), Al thinks it should NEVER be used from code at all and only configuration should be environment aware and mainly managed by configuration management engineers for each environment.

I just wish everything had the concept of environment. That way if I needed it I could use it.

-bp