Al Sutton wrote:
** Out of date jars (newer versions may have bug fixes which would be useful) **

commons-io-1.3.2 (There is a 1.4, but I'm not sure of API compatibility).

http://commons.apache.org/io/upgradeto1_4.html says:

Compatibility with 1.3.2
------------------------
Binary compatible - Yes

Source compatible - Yes

Semantic compatible - Yes
  Check the bug fixes section for semantic bug fixes

Commons IO 1.4 introduces four new implementations which depend on JDK 1.4
features
(CharSequenceReader, FileWriterWithEncoding, IOExceptionWithCause and
RegexFileFilter).
It has been built with the JDK source and target options set to JDK 1.3 and,
except for
those implementations, can be used with JDK 1.3 (see IO IO-127).

So while I've not yet tested it, it sounds like we should be able to jump to 1.4 if we're moving at all.

-Dale