Gabriel Belingueres wrote:
built-in the web framework

In order to do this we'd need to add in some information in the form and in every link leading from one page of the form to another so that it's constantly submitted to the server to keep the user associated with the right conversation.

The former could be done by adding a hidden element in the s:form freemarker templates, and adding an interceptor that notices that value and does the right thing (sortof like the checkbox interceptor, but instead of modifying the request parameters it has to swap in the target object -- I guess this only makes sense when used in combination with the modelDriven framework (which I've always avoided)).

The latter is non-trivial (well, the same interceptor would work). It would mean context-sensitive changes to the output of the URL tag. It wouldn't be too tough for the url tag to look and see if it's inside a s:form tag, but what about other links on the page outside the bounds of the form? What about ones generated before the form open tag?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that to get something like this working there are a bunch of moving parts that effect a number of pieces of the framework, and cause the framework to have to inject much more "magic" into the rendered pages. If it were built in as part of the framework I'd still want it to need to be explicitly specified wherever it's desired (extra attributes on the form, url, and every input tag) so that we don't have users getting freaked out about all the extra stuff in their pages that they didn't ask for.

-Dale