Musachy Barroso wrote:
I think it would come handy an explanation of why some attributes are
expected to be strings, while other are values, like:

<s:input name="somestring" />

vs

<s:property value="somevalue" />

I think in the tutorials, documentation, etc. we should use the %{} syntax explicitly everyplace. If someone wants a string, for example, and not to a lookup, it is quite confusing to a new struts user that they need to change value="FOO" to value="%{'FOO'}", but if they're used to seeing value="%{FOO}" then it isn't so confusing.

This also might make the progression from OGNL to JUEL or something else (should that ever happen :-) cause less of the documentation to break.

-Dale