There is a new documentation initiative that was started earlier this
year and is being primarily driven by Bruce Phillips, I think. New
work is being added to the Struts2NewDocDraft wiki space at first, and
later migrated into the main S2 docs. You might want to take a look
there and see if it would make sense to help out. I'm a little
surprised none of those involved have chimed in here, though.

--
Martin Cooper