On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 12:28 AM, Lukasz Lenart
<lukasz.len...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What do you think about moving OGNL to Apache.org, eg. to Commons?
> Right now OGNL is used by some project at Apache.org but support is
> very poor. The code is available here http://github.com/jkuhnert/ognl
>
> I know it isn't the right place to ask but I just want to hear your opinion.

You're correct, this isn't the right place to ask. First, the OGNL
community would have to want to make the move; then some ASF project
(perhaps Commons, perhaps not) would need to sponsor incubation;
community would need to be built up around the code before incubation
could complete; and so on.

If you are personally committed to helping build up a community around
OGNL at the ASF, then I'd certainly encourage you to press ahead with
that. It's the community that will make the project successful. Simply
bringing the code to the ASF, though, won't improve support for it.

--
Martin Cooper