Yes it's awesome and I've also been thought for long time to add boot
and auto-config (because I've seen people have concerns about Struts
flexibility) but can't find enough time :( wdyt? Looks a huge workload
for me. Basically we should get rid off XMLs to annotations, add
auto-configs, make plugins better and easier to match each other, and as
you mentioned, improve score in benchmarks; to being adapted to modern
cloud-native environments I think.

Regards