pt., 6 paź 2023 o 11:22 Kusal Kithul-Godage
<kkithulgod...@atlassian.com.invalid> napisał(a):
> So if I'm understanding correctly, we lack sufficient ownership and
> control over the release process at commons-ognl.

Rather they have more strict process which requires some extra work to
get approval, eg. you must keep changes.xml up & date and so on. With
having code on Github I'm able to push a new release within a few
minutes rather than days.

> I do still think it's worthwhile to try and unify these projects.
> Having the project under an 'orphan' org does not inspire confidence
> in its maintenance status, nor that of Struts. It also is not
> encouraging for developers looking to contribute. For developers such
> as myself who contribute on company time, there may also be additional
> legal hurdles to contributing, such as a corporate CLA.

We can try again, yet the current changes in 3.x are not compatible
with commons-ognl 4.x and basically this means re-importing the
project again.

Regards
--
Łukasz