Hi all,

Atlassian is very excited to have shipped the Struts OGNL Allowlist and
Parameter Annotation features in Confluence Data Center 8.8! We believe it
to be one of the greatest uplifts in Struts' security posture since its
inception, and one which will ensure Struts remains a viable option for web
development.

Whilst we await Atlassian customer and plugin vendor feedback, we've
additionally commissioned an audit of the design and implementation by an
external security firm.

However, we'd really love for all Struts developers to test and provide
feedback on these new capabilities ahead of their default enablement in
Struts 7.0. To do so, please switch to the latest test build of Struts 6.4
or 7.0 and enable the following options:

   - struts.parameters.requireAnnotations=true
   - struts.allowlist.enable=true

Further information on configuring these capabilities can be found in
the Struts
Security doc
<https://struts.apache.org/security/#defining-and-annotating-your-action-parameters>
under the 'Defining and annotating your Action parameters' and 'Allowlist
Capability' headings.

Best regards,

*KUSAL KITHUL-GODAGE*
Software Engineer