I agree the best long-term solution to this problem is to move the "*-jakarta"
subprojects so they are not children of the parent pom.  That way, when you
import your projects into your IDE, these projects will not be automatically
imported with everything else.  Having them in a separate repo completely
isolates them and is the most complete solution of all.  With the projects
isolated, the IDE will get the artifacts from the maven repository and not look
for the missing code in these projects.

In Eclipse anyhow, you can work around the issue immediately by right clicking
on the projects having the errors and selecting "Maven > Disable Workspace
Resolution".  Then you can run the unit tests within Eclipse.