Hi all,
while looking at a problem I currently have with MySQL / MariaDB, I stumbled upon OPENJPA-2567 [1], which appears unresolved on JIRA.

The same issue, however, is reported in [2], in the release notes for OpenJPA 2.3.1, which was never released, at least according to archives [3] and Maven [4].

I think we should fix [2] ASAP.

Coming to my current problem, e.g. generate table schema for MySQL / MariaDB with column type TINYTEXT / MEDIUMTEXT / LONGTEXT depending on the length annotation attribute, as follows:

@Lob
@Column(length = 20971520)
private byte[] content;

Note that I do not want to set any columnDefinition here, as I need to support other DBMSes and I'd like to stay as much general as possible.

I believe that the patch provided for [1] was never applied: do you see problems if I go ahead and apply it both to 2.4.X and trunk?

Regards.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-2567
[2] https://openjpa.apache.org/openjpa-2.3.x.html
[3] http://archive.apache.org/dist/openjpa/