Hi,
I like checking out the current link (
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/current/tc5.5.x) which uses svn
externals to grab the container, build, connectors, etc. It's nice and
convenient.

But for committing and updating, it kind of sucks. Doing an "svn commit" or
"svn update" at the top-level does not recursively check the modules under
it. It just says "Skipping '.'" Even going down one level and doing "svn
commit container connectors" for example does not work. I have to
individually do "svn commit container" and "svn commit connectors" which
results in two separate revisions and two commit emails to the list.

Is there a way to make the commit and update work as nicely as the checkout?
I'm not an SVN expert, just wanted to inquire...

--
Yoav Shapira
System Design and Management Fellow