Am 25.10.2016 um 15:49 schrieb Rémy Maucherat:

Hi guys,

since now tomcat has Log API as a SPI doing 2 is easy (
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openwebbeans/microwave/
trunk/microwave-core/src/main/java/org/apache/microwave/
logging/tomcat/Log4j2Log.java)
and
just a drop-in jar setup so not sure it needs to be in tomcat default
delivery.

I see. This sounds pretty simple.

But if this is enough and done through reflection, it avoids the
dependency too.

Just that I understand: you mean the dependency on the Log4J jul bridge? Or some other dependency?

1) isn't bad, the original idea was to use java.util.logging but add the
classloading log manager to be able to log per webapp.

Although I never used the juli-per-webapp feature, we probably don't want to loose it.

Regards,

Rainer