> Mark,
>
> On 12/13/16 6:24 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just a heads up that - assuming the currently running tests pass - I'll
>> be committing a batch of connector refactoring changes. The general aim
>> of these changes is:
>>
>> - Reduce the duplication of configuration between Protocol and Processor
>>   In addition to removing a chunk of duplicate getters and setters, it
>>   should make it easier to make dynamic configuration changes.
>>
>> - Reduce the visibility of the Endpoint.
>>   Processor no longer accesses Endpoint directly.
>
> +1
>
> Any simplification we can make in that area will be good.
>
> Are you thinking of back-porting to 8.5 as well, or is this likely to
> stay in 9.0?

Not sure. 8.5.x is meant to be stable and I'm changing APIs. Then again,
they are internal APIs. Config isn't changing. Also, we'd need to back
port the Acceptor changes first.

Overall I'm neutral on this. I'd like to see the refactoring in 8.5.x
but I'm concerned about any instability or regressions that might slip in.