On 31/03/17 09:43, Katya Todorova wrote:
>> You can either create a pull request on github or create a Bugzilla
>> issue and attach a patch.
>

>> Mark
>>

> I've created a separate pull request for leading zeros issue since I think
> it requires additional discussion whether to be submitted or not. Although
> this fix honors the specification, it leads to different behavior in case
> of IPv4 address and IPv6 address with IPv4 part. This may cause confusion:
> https://github.com/apache/tomcat/pull/49

Thanks for separating this out. It gives folks time to go and read the
specification and form an opinion.

> The rest of identified host parser issues are fixed here:
> https://github.com/apache/tomcat/pull/48

Applied. Many thanks.

If you'd like to work on this further then can I suggest you take a look
at Konstantin's comments:

http://markmail.org/message/vp5voob7elspflax

Other possibilities are:

- performance improvements for the Host header validation

- improving code coverage generally for any of the HTTP parsing code

- any that attracts your interest

Kind regards,