Hi Rainer,

> Am 28.03.2017 um 17:28 schrieb Violeta Georgieva:
>>
>> The proposed Apache Tomcat 8.0.43 release is now available for voting.
>>
>> It can be obtained from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-8/v8.0.43/
>> The Maven staging repo is:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1127/
>> The svn tag is:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc8.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_8_0_43/
>>
>> The proposed 8.0.43 release is:
>> [ ] Broken - do not release
>> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 8.0.43
>

> +1 to release but note one hang in TestSsl testRenegotiateWorks for NIO2.

I cannot reproduce this hanging test neither on MAC nor Ubuntu.
Is it possible that it is related to something with your setup?
Also Buildbot and Gump are OK.

Regards,
Violeta

> Same as with 8.0.42 so likely reproducible.
>
> Details
> =======
>
> - MD5 OK
> - signatures OK
> - key in KEYS file
> - gz and zip for src and bin consistent
> - src completely consistent with svn tag
> - builds fine
>   - warning about unchecked calls or conversions in:
>     - org/apache/catalina/tribes/tipis/AbstractReplicatedMap.java
>     - org/apache/tomcat/jdbc/pool/PoolProperties.java
>   Not a regression
> - build result looks consistent with binaries
> - no checkstyle complaints
> - no Javadoc warnings
>
> - Unit tests: Hang for NIO2 in TestSsl testRenegotiateWorks.
>   Same as for 8.0.42, see my vote mail there for stack and logs.
>   No other failures.
>   - ERROR message:
>     - more "Incomplete jul log message ... (only message)" (4 versus 6)
>     - more "ERROR:null" (4 versus 6)
>
>   - WARN messages:
>     - less Tribes warnings (68 versus 58)
>     - more
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.clearReferencesThreads

>   - SEVERE messages
>     - new org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.asyncDispatch
Exception while processing an asynchronous request" (bio 1)

>   - Exceptions: not compared
>
> - JMX MBean Comparison with 8.0.42:
>   - ThreadPool MBean attribute currentThreadCount changed
>     from 0 to 10 (ajp) resp. 1 to 10 (http)
>   - Threading MBean analogously shows 19 more daemon threads
>   - ProtocolHandler MBean for http new attribute
>     "compressibleMimeType:
text/html,text/xml,text/plain,text/css,text/javascript,application/javascript"

> Build and tests were done using Java 1.7.0_80. OS was Solaris 10 Sparc,
tcnative was 1.2.12 based on APR 1.5.2 and OpenSSL 1.0.2k.