Hi,

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 3:34 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> a quick feedback on that topic:
>
> - github seems to be the preferred way to submit code these days (what we
> saw in tomee, batchee etc), it implies almost the same amount of work for
> dev (just need to comment if applied or not on github itself for tracking)
> so it is a good way probably
> - tomcat build not being "standard" can be a stopper for newcomers, I know
> migrating to a real maven structure was rejected multiple times but I think
> it can help. It would enable to import the project smoothly in any IDE, run
> it almost directly from the command line (it is not rare now to not have
> ant), and make it easier to browse the structure/package/module

I totally agree with Romain here!
I have said it before as well: http://markmail.org/message/aomihwix7bvxpttd

@Konstantin: re. "PR === patch"
For me PR is much more convenient than a .patch file because I can comment
on any line! And even have a whole discussion thread on it!

Me and some other ASF committers have asked at
us...@infrastructure.apache.org why ASF Git doesn't provide more advanced
features, like PRs. Even Atlassian offered hosted BitBucket for free but it
has been rejected :-/

Now there is https://gitbox.apache.org/ but it is still in early evaluation
stage. I hope it will make it simpler for my other Apache projects (Wicket
and Isis) some day!

Martin