Rémy,

Thanks for RMing.

On 2/14/24 03:53, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.86 release is now available for voting.

The notable changes compared to 9.0.85 are:

- Add improvements to the CSRF prevention filter including the ability
    to skip adding nonces for resource name and subtree URL patterns.

- Add support for user provided SSLContext instances configured on
    SSLHostConfigCertificate instances. Based on pull request #673
    provided by Hakan Altındağ.

- Review usage of debug logging and downgrade trace or data dumping
    operations from debug level to trace.

For full details, see the changelog:
https://nightlies.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-9.0.x/docs/changelog.html

It can be obtained from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.86/
The Maven staging repo is:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1481
The tag is:
https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/9.0.86
542c35ae834fb29616b184a0e4276a5b7f8542de

The proposed 9.0.86 release is:
[ ] -1, Broken - do not release
[ ] +1, Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.86

+1 for stable release.

Build is reproducible on MacOS arm64 and x86-64, except for the "fulldocs" package which has known issues for reproducibility.

The unit tests for NIO and NIO2 pass on those platforms as well. APR tests passed on x86-84 but the APR library wasn't loaded successfully on arm64 for some reason which I will investigate later.

My tests on the arm64 platform were not correctly-specifying the location of the apr library, so tcnative was not loadable.

Fixing that has proved all unit tests for NIO, NIO2, and APR all passing on MacOS arm64.

-chris