Hey,
Below is a first draft of our report to the Board for this month.
This report covers the time since the last one, about 3 months.
Comments welcome.

Yoav

--- Begin Draft Board Report ---

Apache Tomcat Board Report, June 2007

Summary
--------------
The project continues to be active on a number of fronts.  There are
no issues requiring Board attention at this time.

Releases
-------------
We cut a number of releases incorporating all our active branches.

Tomcat 5.5.22 was out a couple of months ago, 5.5.23 last month, and
5.5.24 is coming out later this month.

Tomcat 4.1.35 was out a couple of months ago, shortly followed by
4.1.36, both primarily bug fix and security fix releases.

Tomcat 6, the current production branch, had three releases this past
quarter: 6.0.11, 6.0.12, and 6.0.13, which is the latest stable Tomcat
at this time.

Finally, the Tomcat connectors, mainly mod_jk, has a couple of
releases as well: 1.2.22 and 1.2.23.

Security
------------
The Tomcat security site (http://tomcat.apache.org/security.html) has
been getting more love and attention.  It now contains the vast
majority of known issues and fixes for all Tomcat branches.

We've been working closely with security issue reports and the Apache
Security committee on quickly replying to issues, resolving them, and
coordinating public disclosures.

There exist one or two open security issues at the moment.  The fixes
are already in SVN, the issues are not major, and we're working to
coordinate public disclosure with the reporters.

Development
-------------------
We've moved Tomcat 6.0.x into its own SVN branch, continuing work on
new and experimental features in the trunk.  We also have a sandbox
area for really experimental stuff.

Tomcat release artifacts, once approved by a PMC vote, are now
published on the standard / main Maven repositories.

We continue to work with downstream integrators and re-packagers of
Tomcat, such as the Gentoo Linux project, on improving our release
process and artifacts for their consumption.

ApacheCon
Tomcat has a nice presence at this past ApacheCon (in Amsterdam), with
a full day of presentations and talks about the project.  There were
presentations from several Tomcat committers as well as other users
and contributors.  From what I understand, the talks were
well-attended and well-received.

Community