I think the difference is based on an understanding of what
constitutes a release.  A tarball in www.apache.org/dist/... is a
release by definition.  Files cannot go in that directory or its
children without a vote.

If they're there, they're a release.  We have to vote on them or pull
them out.  I don't have a preference, but it seems like just a quick
vote over 72 hours is a simple enough thing.

On Jan 14, 2008 6:29 PM, Mladen Turk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Mark Thomas wrote:
> > The source distributions are here:
> >
> > http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/native/tomcat-native-1.1.12-src.tar.gz
> >
> > http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/native/tomcat-native-1.1.12-win32-src.zip
> >

> > According to the release process, the 1.1.12 tarball is:
> > [ ] Broken
> > [ ] Alpha
> > [ ] Beta
> > [ ] Stable
> >

> -1 (or if you wish veto)
>
> There is no such thing as tomcat-native product that
> we can vote for.
> Tomcat-native is integral part of Tomcat, so we cannot
> vote on Tomcat's jsp engine, or its NIO connector.

Thanks,

Yoav