Hi,

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Henri Gomez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Costin told us he didn't want to change the current source layout.

I agree with Coston on this.  But thankfully Maven is flexible in this
area.  You can define any set of source folders.

>  - add subdirs (for modules) and pom.xml and hack the source files
>  filters to get only what's required.
>
>  - create a root pom and subdirs/pom.xml, and an ant task to fill a
>  mavenized targets directories where a standard maven build will be
>  done.

I like the second idea, simplified further.  One Ant task in the root
build.xml to copy all the required files into a Maven-friendly
temporary directory structure and run the Maven build.  One pom.xml
file to actually do the Maven build in that Maven-friendly temporary
directory layout.

That way the original and current build system, source tree, etc, are
not touched at all.

Yoav