Filip,

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 10:09 AM, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> if there are no objections, I'll start integrating this into trunk tonight or
> tomorrow,

I've read the bug in Bugzilla and looked at the code.  I understand
why you want a new connection pool implementation, and I like what
you've done with it, code-wise.  In fact, I'd probably like to use it
myself.  (I use c3p0, which I like better than DBCP, but that's
another story).

However, I don't think we should stick a connection pool
implementation in Tomcat proper.  It should go in Commons DbUtils, or
DBCP, or another existing project.  Heck, it can even start out on
Google Code, idealy with an ASL license.

I don't want to bloat Tomcat with extra stuff, no matter how good.
I'd much rather remove stuff and keep the core way smaller.  I really
like what Costin is doing with his "Tomcat lite."

Of course, that's just my personal opinion.  But I wanted to speak up
because I'm pretty close to a -1 on this one.

Yoav