>>> I'm OK with dropping support for IIS up until 5.0, e.g. up until Win
>>> 2000 including if that's what you plan. Starting support with XP / IIS
>>> 5.1 is fine IMHO. Haven't seen a Win 2K web server for a long long time.
>>>

>> Exactly. Dropping WIN2K and below.
>> It would simplify get_iis_info() and allow to depend on XP API.
>
> Heh... wouldn't it be overtime to drop apache 1.3 support?  You won't
> find it in www.apache.org/dist/httpd/

Until now it was just a matter of a simple merge. The web server
specific code is very small, and is very close between 1.3 and 2.x. For
me it would make more hastle keeping the situation documented than just
copying in the code (and yes, testing every now and then).

The real problem is that we are still on jk 1.2.x. Once we really start
a new major release branch we will drop a lot of thos elegacy supported
systems (at least that was the result of a discussion several years ago).

Regards,

Rainer