On 19.09.2013 18:32, Rainer Jung wrote:
> On 19.09.2013 13:01, Mark Thomas wrote:

>>> That looks like the error I thought I had fixed.
>>>
>>> I've had some ideas for a more robust fix. I'll try implementing them to
>>> see how practical they are.
>>
>> Can you try the latest 8.0.x trunk with Solaris?
>
> Mark, sorry I was afk the whole day and am now again until late. So can
> probably only test Friday. Will do as soon as I can and then use either
> RC3 or head whatever is available then.

Reran tests for RC 3 and the original failures didn't happen. Either
they happen only sporadically or they are fixed now. Will let it run in
a loop later today.

There was another test failure for RC 3, but I think that one isn't a
regression and I expect it to happen only sporadically (timing issue):

INFO: Failures in
output/build/logs/TEST-org.apache.catalina.loader.TestWebappClassLoaderExecutorMemoryLeak.APR.txt
WARN: Test failure in
'output/build/logs/TEST-org.apache.catalina.loader.TestWebappClassLoaderExecutorMemoryLeak.APR.txt':
Testsuite:
org.apache.catalina.loader.TestWebappClassLoaderExecutorMemoryLeak
Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 6.337 sec
------------- Standard Error -----------------
19-Sep-2013 23:16:22.176 INFO [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener.init Loaded APR based
Apache Tomcat Native library 1.1.28 using APR version 1.4.8.
19-Sep-2013 23:16:22.181 INFO [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener.init APR capabilities:
IPv6 [true], sendfile [true], accept filters [false], random [true].
19-Sep-2013 23:16:23.117 INFO [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener.initializeSSL OpenSSL
successfully initialized (OpenSSL 1.0.1esp1 12 Feb 2013)
19-Sep-2013 23:16:24.480 INFO [main]
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.init Initializing ProtocolHandler
["http-apr-127.0.0.1-auto-1"]
19-Sep-2013 23:16:24.525 INFO [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.startInternal Starting service
Tomcat
19-Sep-2013 23:16:24.525 INFO [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.startInternal Starting Servlet
Engine: Apache Tomcat/8.0.0-RC3
19-Sep-2013 23:16:25.579 INFO [localhost-startStop-1]
org.apache.catalina.util.SessionIdGenerator.createSecureRandom Creation
of SecureRandom instance for session ID generation
using [INSECURE] took [495] milliseconds.
19-Sep-2013 23:16:25.598 INFO [main]
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.start Starting ProtocolHandler
["http-apr-127.0.0.1-auto-1-38188"]
19-Sep-2013 23:16:26.390 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.clearReferencesThreads The
web application [] appears to have started a thread named [pool-1-
thread-1] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a
memory leak.
19-Sep-2013 23:16:26.397 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.clearReferencesThreads The
web application [] appears to have started a thread named [pool-1-
thread-2] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a
memory leak.
19-Sep-2013 23:16:26.400 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.clearReferencesThreads The
web application [] appears to have started a thread named [pool-1-
thread-3] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a
memory leak.
19-Sep-2013 23:16:26.402 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.clearReferencesThreads The
web application [] appears to have started a thread named [pool-1-
thread-4] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a
memory leak.
19-Sep-2013 23:16:26.404 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.clearReferencesThreads The
web application [] appears to have started a thread named [pool-1-
thread-5] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a
memory leak.
19-Sep-2013 23:16:27.420 INFO [main]
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.pause Pausing ProtocolHandler
["http-apr-127.0.0.1-auto-1-38188"]
19-Sep-2013 23:16:27.473 INFO [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.stopInternal Stopping service
Tomcat
19-Sep-2013 23:16:27.479 INFO [main]
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.stop Stopping ProtocolHandler
["http-apr-127.0.0.1-auto-1-38188"]
19-Sep-2013 23:16:27.649 INFO [main]
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.destroy Destroying ProtocolHandler
["http-apr-127.0.0.1-auto-1-38188"]

Testcase: testTimerThreadLeak took 6.267 sec
        FAILED
null
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.TestWebappClassLoaderExecutorMemoryLeak.testTimerThreadLeak(TestWebappClassLoaderExecutorMemoryLeak.java:72)

Regards,

Rainer