Emmanuel,

On 5/13/14, 11:16 AM, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> Le 12/05/2014 21:24, Christopher Schultz a écrit :
>
>> Could you announce on u...@tomcat.apache.org as well? You have a bigger
>> audience over there. Feel free to put [ANN] in the subject which is
>> often put into announcement emails to our lists.
>
> Thank you for the hint Christopher. I don't think I'm entitled to make
> official announcements for Tomcat, but I'll post on the user list when
> the package is backported to Debian stable.

You wouldn't be making an official announcement for Tomcat; you'd be
making one about Debian. We have some community members that announce
the availability of certain tools, etc. when the become available. I
personally think it would be entirely appropriate for you to make such
an announcement on the users' list.

You might want to provide a link to the documentation for the package.
We often get questions about package-managed versions of Tomcat and the
usual reply is "those things are a mess that nobody (like us) can
understand: go install one fresh from tomcat.apache.org". If you have
good documentation about how things work in the Debian system, it will
make the world a better place.

Thanks,
-chris