On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 5:18 PM, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> [...]
>> selected equinox modules against the latest 1.x. Review the code while also
>> remembering the principles that were used to make the changes.
>> 5. Post questions if any
>> 6. Move on to the next set if there are no major concerns.
>>
>> This will definitely give people who are interested to be involved a
>> chance to participate, learn and ask questions. With everyone involved in
>> this important base line work, OASIS base line will come to life faster.
>>
>> Haleh
>>
>> ...snip
>>

> Re. point 2 running the dependency lister on samples/calculator in trunk
> gives.
>
> tuscany-assembly-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-assembly-xml-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-assembly-xsd-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-binding-sca-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-binding-sca-xml-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-contribution-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-contribution-impl-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-contribution-java-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-contribution-namespace-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-contribution-xml-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-core-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-core-databinding-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-core-spi-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-databinding-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-databinding-jaxb-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-definitions-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-definitions-xml-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-endpoint-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-extensibility-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-implementation-java-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-implementation-java-runtime-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-implementation-java-xml-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-implementation-node-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-interface-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-interface-java-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-interface-java-jaxws-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-interface-java-xml-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-monitor-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-node-api-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-node-impl-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-policy-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-policy-xml-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-sca-api-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
> tuscany-xsd-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
>
> I expect the list from the equinox branch might be slightly different but
> it shows the scale of things. It's not a very long list. If we get the
> overall principles documented as they stand at the moment the we can review
> the individual modules. I realize this sounds like a compromise between
> Raymond's and Ant's suggestions but I think we will have to take it module
> by module.  There are probably some less controversial ones that we can put
> in place to start with, sca-api (even this though there were the license
> changes in trunk that we need to make sure we get)? However I was just
> diffing assembly, which I thought would be straightforward, but noticed that
> it has the builder pluggability changes in there in the branch. I think we
> want them but we need to understand them.
>
> So against each of these I think it warrents a summary of the changes
> (given this restricted list I hope someone familiar with the branch can just

+1, i don't think its enough to say we can just look at an svn diff as there
are so many changes, even a diff on just a single random module -
assembly-xml -  gives a 180K diff file which runs at 64 full screens of text
to work out.

> We may actually find it easier to go from trunk in terms of unpicking all
> this but I hold an open mind.

I'm leaning to that as well, with diffs showing so many changes mixed
together or would be easier to understand descrete changes merged into the
existing trunk - eg each module needs the correct manifest this merge shows
one, now lets do the same for each other module etc.

   ...ant