On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 7:17 PM, Raymond Feng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ATM, I suggest that we focus on refining the code-level de-coupling
instead
> of finding a better to organize the physical layout.
>
> IIRC, we came to the current project code structure from something similar
> with what is proposed. What do we want to achieve by having separate
folder
> tree for the core modules? Can you elaborate a bit more how we could
benefit
> from it?
>
> I have a few things in mind:
>
> 1) It's hard to group the Tuscany maven modules in a hierarchical way
which
> doesn't support overlapping.
> * Some modules are reused and it's not easy to find its home
> * Some modules are extensions logically, such as implementation-java-xxx,
> are they part of the core or extension?

Being pragmatic will help so for example if a module needs to be shared and
doesn't cause problems (eg dragging too many dependencies) maybe just put it
in the core hierarchy. I've had a brief skim over the modules and think this
is doable but we're probably not going to find out all the issues without
just trying to do it, before doing that do you have any examples of which
you think might be problematic modules?

  ...ant