On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 8:49 AM, ant elder<ant.el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking at the latest specs to confirm the question in TUSCANY-3211
> about what a WS endpoint URL should be I'm now wondering if we're
> doing this right in 2.x. Right now a service using a default
> <binding.ws> will use expose the service with an endpoint URL using
> componentName/serviceName, but the specs say:
>
> The WS binding spec (1.1 CD03) says:
>
> 255 Note that if no absolute URI is indicated by any of these
> elements, implementations can use the structural URI for the binding
> as a portion of the URI for the eventual deployed endpoint.
>
> and the Assembly spec (1.1 CD03) describes the structural URI as:
>
> 2237 For components directly deployed into the Domain, the structural
> URI is simply the name of the component.
>
> and
>
> 2249 The structural URI can also be extended to refer to specific
> parts of a component, such as a service or a reference, by appending
> an appropriate fragment identifier to the component's structural URI,
> as follows: Service: #service(servicename)
>
> So shouldn't the default WS binding endpoint URL use just the
> componentName or componentName#service(serviceName)?
>
>   ...ant

and also Assembly spec (1.1 CD03) says

2787 SCA Bindings specifications can choose to use the structural URI
defined in the section "Structural URI of Components" above to derive
a binding specific URI according to some Binding related scheme. The
relevant binding specification describes this.

Important word here for me is "derive". As you point out the WS spec
says that the binding can use the structure URI as a potion of the
deployed endpoint URI. All seems fairly loose.

At the moment I think the algorithm in play does something like...

http://host:port/path to component/servicename/bindingname

Where binding name is only included in the cases where more than one
binding is present.

Regards

Simon