On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 8:59 AM, Simon Laws<simonsl...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> ...snip
>
>> seems quite fragile,
>
> In what way?
>
>> if it wouldn't be more robust to do the earlier suggestion of just
>> having the sca binding look up the endpoint from the endpoint registry
>> on each invocation.
>
> No I don't think so. In distributed environments you will *always*
> have to deal with the error case. See fallacies 1 and 2 [1]. If you
> were to rely solely on the registry and the registry tells you that
> the endpoint hasn't change is this true or has the registry just not
> caught up with real changes out there.
>
> Simon
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacies_of_Distributed_Computing

Exactly. Whos to say the registry will have caught up by the 2nd
attempt? Should there be several retries? A configurable delay between
retries? Attempting to deal with it adds significant complexity
whereas just doing the very fast local registry lookup on each request
is simple and likely will have the same result.

  ...ant