On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 6:44 PM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 10:55 PM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino
> <jsdelf...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Luciano Resende wrote:

>>> +1, I like this... I'll be updating the wiki later today with what we
>>> have discussed so far...
>>>

>> +1
>>
>> Let me know when you do this and I'll try to help with the *-cpp folders.
>>
>> --
>> Jean-Sebastien
>>

> Thanks Sebastien, that would be very helpful.
>
> So, it looks like discussion has slowed down here, so here is my plan :
>
> - Wait couple more days (middle of the week) to see if anyone else
> want to make any more comments
> - I'll then start working on each sub-project one by one, sending
> notification before hand to avoid problems with people having pending
> commits...
>   - I'll start working on the not so active sub-projects first (DAS,
> SDO) and start on the branches/tags first on the more active ones (e.g
> for SCA 1.x and 2.x)
>
> Please let me know if you have questions and/or concerns.
>
> --
> Luciano Resende
> http://people.apache.org/~lresende
> http://lresende.blogspot.com/

The current SVN layout is a bit unconventional but its been like this
for years now, I don't mind much what happens with the other sub
projects as they don't have many users but there's lots of people who
are used to where the SCA code is who get broken if we move it, so
could we leave those as-is and just add a README at the top level
documenting what all the SVN folders are for?

I'd like to keep the collaboration folder as it will be used at some
point, although i guess it could be moved to be under sandbox or else
just make the sandbox folder the ASF committer wide access folder.

I agree with some of the previous comments about all the contrib
folders being confusing. Could we have just a single contrib folder or
move it all to the sandbox folder?

We can probably get rid of the STATUS and PROPOSAL.txt file from the
top level folder now.

We also should look at not requiring the maven repo folder we have in
SVN as these are being actively discouraged now.

   ...ant