On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 11:30 PM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Really great news Raymond, it would be great if we could start
> investigating this further to explore more complex scenarios on the
> App Engine... I was thinking on getting the store sample in a first
> stage, and then split the different components into different google
> apps... maybe we would use different bindings from the original store
> app as the web 2.0 bindings are not yet available in the 2.x code
> base.
>
> BTW, I'm willing to help...

A variant of the Store scenario is now deployed as a distributed
application in Google App Engine. The scenario consist of a fruit
catalog hosted as one appengine application (tuscany-store-catalog
[1]) and the front end ui is hosted as another appengine application
(tuscany-store [2]) that has a catalog aggregator used to aggregates
multiple catalog references using the JSON-RPC binding. Note that we
can easily add new new catalog references hosted either in another
appengine applications or other could types.

See this posting for a diagram:
http://lresende.blogspot.com/2009/10/variant-of-store-scenario-up-and.html

During this investigation I found couple issues, some related to the
restrictions of the Google AppEngine platform. I'll start a new thread
to see how we could make the Tuscany SCA runtime more flexible on
these kind of platforms.

[1] http://tuscany-store-catalog.appspot.com/
[2] http://tuscany-store.appspot.com/

--