Giorgio Zoppi wrote:
2011/8/3 Scott Kurz <sku...@gmail.com>:
Thanks for finding that Simon.   I think when I last came across that I
parsed it as assuming a local, PBR interface.
But...I don't have any support for that and the surrounding text
specifically mentions serialization, so I think you've captured the intent.

Well, it still seems ugly to me... if something in our Tuscany impl changes,
then your WSDL-mapped interface is now different?   It seems like we're
talking about a class of service:   remotable in the sense of cross-JVM, but
never invocable outside of the Tuscany runtime, not very SOA-ish.    I'm not
saying it's useless... it's just kind of a new concept thrown in from my
perspective.
An other naive way is using the MTOM support and serialize in Java.
However if you want something
really SOAish, forget about Java serialization.What about if you have
a C#/Python client?
Using for example Apache Thrift will provide better interoperability
if you want  binary serialization.

I don't want binary serialization; I think XML serialization is much
better for all cases other than Java->Java.  That's why we have support
for XML serialization in ServiceReferenceImpl :-)

  Simon