On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Subash Chaturanga <subash...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi devs,
> I am a tuscany user in Apache PhotArk and I have an unexpected issue with my
> two services and I tried to resolve this many times, but couldn't figure out
> a way.
> I have implemented two working tuscany SCA components
> named, FacebookFriendFinder  and FaceRecognitionService.
>
> I use the service FaceRecognitionService inside the
> service FacebookFriendFinder.
> Following is a kind of a pseudo code code to explain my situation.
> In FacebookFriendFinder Impl class
>
> Photo processFBFriends() {
> Photo p = FaceRecognitionService.recognize("file");  // call the recognize
> method in the service, FaceRecognitionService.
> --- program does not return to this line, it terminates
> }
>
> In FaceRecognitionService impl class
> public Photo recognize(String s) {
> Photo p = someAPI.recognize();
> // system.out(p) --    When I do a system.print to the Photo p before the
> return statement, it prints the expected "p".
> return p;
> }
> I am confused with this. Though "p" prints and is available just before the
> return statement in the class  FaceRecognitionService it doesn't pass to its
> parent method any how. When I changed the return types to String from Photo,
> it works fine and return the string.
> So is there a problem in interacting among two tuscany SCA service
> components when dealing with custom objects like (org.face4j.Photo) other
> than java native ones ?
> It will be great if I can get some idea to resolve this issue.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Subash Chaturanga
> Department of Computer Science & Engineering
> University of Moratuwa
> Sri Lanka
> Blog -  http://subashsdm.blogspot.com/
> Twitter - http://twitter.com/subash89

Hi Subash

Is FacebookFriendFinder communicating with FaceRecognitionService  via
an SCA reference? From you psuedo code it looks like a static call? If
there is an SCA wire between the two the precise behaviour will depend
on the service interfaces the binding involved and any
intents/annotations that may have been added so we'd need to see more
detail of the composite you have.

Regards

Simon