On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 8:14 PM, dsh <daniel.hais...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> My attempt to provide an overview what works on FreeBSD (8.2) and what not:
>
> * autoconf, automake, libtool, doxygen, gcc can be installed from the
> FreeBSD ports collection
> * at the time there's only Apache HTTPD 2.2 available in the FreeBSD
> ports collection. I started creating an additional Apache HTTPD 2.3
> port [0] but did not finish it yet
> * APR 2 - I sent an problem report [1] including a new port for the
> most recent APR 2 version
> * OpenSSL can be used from the FreeBSD base system
> * pcre-8.12 can be used from the FreeBSD ports collection
> * expat-2.0.1_1 can be used from the FreeBSD ports collection
> * memcached-1.4.5 can be installed from the FreeBSD ports collection
> * libevent-1.4.14b_2 can be installed from the FreeBSD ports collection
> * libxml2-2.7.8_1 can be installed from the FreeBSD ports collection
> * curl-7.21.3_2 can be installed from the FreeBSD ports collection
> (including SSL support)
> * I am currently in the process of upgrading the existing FreeBSD
> SpiderMonkey 1.7.x port [2], [3]
> * tinycdb-0.77 is available from the FreeBSD ports collection
> * ap20-mod_security-2.5.13 is available from the FreeBSD ports
> collection (not sure whether this one is too old)
> * I started to create an Apache Axis2/C port for FreeBSD but hit an
> issue which may be a bug [4]
> * I started to create an Apache Qpid port for FreeBSD put hit an issue
> which may be a bug [5], [6]
> * ap20-mod_auth_openid-0.5 is available from the FreeBSD ports
> collection including support for libopkele-2.0.2_1
> * liboauth-0.9.4 is available from the FreeBSD ports collection
> * I think Apache Vysper can be installed relatively easy from the
> binary distribution and thus I decided to not create a separate
> FreeBSD port
> * Didn't create a FreeBSD port for Libstrophe yet cause I don't know
> how to pull sources directly from Github while building a FreeBSD port
> * postgresql-client-8.4.8 is available from the FreeBSD ports collection
> * scribe-2.2_3 is available from the FreeBSD ports collection
> * thrift-0.4.0,1 is available from the FreeBSD ports collection
> * I created and submitted a new FreeBSD port for Apache Libcloud using a PR
> [...]

Wow, that's great progress! ... with a pretty long list of dependencies :)

If there's too many issues with the dependencies it should be easy to
scale down to the short list I mentioned earlier [9].

BTW js-1.8.5 also needs nspr-4.8.x to correctly work in multiple
threads. I just ran into that today while playing with massive
multi-threading in the context of the OpenCL integration.

[9] http://marc.info/?l=tuscany-dev&m=131308575106061&w=2

> I am interested in Apache Tuscany native cause I want to figure out,
> whether it would be possible to use OSGi like modules (i.e. provided
> by Apache Celix) for SCA components similar to what I did with Java in
> a Redbook I wrote last year [8].
>
> Besides that I want to elaborate whether Apache Celix And Apache
> Tuscany (native) can be used on embedded devices such as
> router/firewall devices and what the use cases may be and thus my
> interest in creating all those various FreeBSD ports.

Sounds interesting!

--
Jean-Sebastien