Ok, there were no complaints about the latest 1.6.1 test build, so it
is time to vote:

The test build candidate for release is still available here:
 http://people.apache.org/~nbubna/velocity/engine/1.6.1/

Please vote regarding your support for releasing this test build as
Velocity Engine 1.6.1:

[ ] +1 Let's do it
[ ] +0 Have fun; i don't care.
[ ] -0  Not sure about this, but i won't stop you.

The voting period is typically 72 hours, putting its close time as
roughly 7am PST on Mon, Dec 15th.  Vote early and vote often! :)