On 8/22/07, Xavier Hanin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 8/22/07, Eelco Hillenius <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Looks good to me Xavier. A danger about the example is that it would
> > probably be easy to be focussed on determining the password strength
> > rather than how to create a custom component,
>

> That's why I provide only a very simple implementation. It could even be
> delegated to another service, I think audience can understand that.

True. Don't get me wrong, I think it could be a very nice example.

> but then again, the
> > example by itself is nice, and can't just be found in the examples
> > projects.
> >
> > The kind of example I was thinking about for my presentation would
> > probably try to show off the fact that Wicket components are stateful
> > and that the component hierarchy is flexible (Al's talk points that
> > out nicely for instance).
>

> Are you referring to his talk on bean editor? Maybe you could give me an
> example of component you were thinking about?

I wasn't done with the thinking tbh... But for instance a simple bean
editor would have a big cool factor. Though you example would score
high on that as it uses Ajax :) I think both would be good examples,
and the advantage of your idea is that it wouldn't be too much code,
so that you can focus on your story.

Eelco