I am glad we have something new that's better, but going from "do
this" to "this is evil" is the troubling part.  A lot of us have a lot
of code that is based on the previous advice.  Now declaring that code
is "evil" is kind of scary, especially in the "middle" of a major
version.  If something is evil, then we should probably try to avoid
it, so what do we do, go clean up all of our existing code (and
re-test it)?