from a couple of replies to this thread i am a little confused. are we
talking about keeping experimental things in different modules on
master or different branches?

obviously the big problem is that not everyone has access to the
apache git repo, so projects will still pop up on github, etc, if they
require collaboration from non-committers.

if, this is directed at committers, there are a couple of issues that
need to be discussed.

1) sometimes its not possible to release the code, ie wicket-cdi which
lacks necessary maven dependencies in central. what do we do in those
cases?

2) sometimes a project is just an idea to play with. once we release
it as a 0.1 module we have to at least somewhat maintain it. and what
if the idea doesnt pan out, is it ok to just drop the module? what
happens with the dropped code  if someone outside wicket wants to work
on it, does it move back to github?

-igor