James,

> On Dec 12, 2016, at 11:59 AM, James Cameron <qu...@laptop.org> wrote:
>
> G'day,
>
> We're pleased to announce the release of OLPC OS 13.2.8 for XO-1,
> XO-1.5, XO-1.75 and XO-4.
>
> It is Sugar 0.110 on Fedora 18, with updated activities Speak-52,
> Measure-53, Maze-26.1, Implode-17, GetBooks-16.2, Clock-18.1, and
> Chat-83.
>
> Details of new features, fixes, known issues, and how to download,
> install or upgrade can be found in the release notes:
>
>        http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/13.2.8

Thanks for the release. It is much appreciated. So far, I’ve flashed it just
fine on several production XO-1’s I have, both on the internal NAND as well as
to a 32GB Samsung (Class 6) SD card, however in the case of the SD card
install, once the flash completes, and I’m booted into the 13.2.8 environment ,
I consistently get MMC timeout errors, and the kernel hangs. This is easily
reproducible by simply running ‘yum update’ from the CLI.

The exact message emitted by the kernel is “mmc0: Timeout waiting for hardware
interrupt. mmcblk0: error -110 sending stop command, original cmd response
0x900, card status 0xe00.

I can re-boot into the on-board instance of the OS on NAND, and run fsck
against the filesystem on the SD card, and no filesystem-level errors are
detected there.

Do you have any suggestions for follow-up troubleshooting?