On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 12:52:09 +0000
Mikael Andersson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thursday 20 February 2003 20.20, Michael Buesch wrote:
> > Oh thank you!!!
> >
> > It works now. I was really getting sad, because I'm a C++programmer and I
> > really need this key. :)
> >
> > .... But how to fix the "bar"? Is this a real bug in xfree?
> >
> What keyboards are you using and how is you XF86Config-4 specified ?
>
> I have a ms natural keyboard and had the same problem when it was
> specified as such in XF86Config-4. Changing to
> Option      "XkbModel" "pc102"
> In XF86Confiog-4 fixed the problem for me.

And adding |Option      "XkbModel" "pc105|" to XF86Config solved it for me too. I
havent had to specify my keyboard before. It has always workded automagically. Maybe X
should default to the most common keyboard or spit a warning that it hasnt been
specified. If it is a user error then it is probably a good mesure to inform the user
about it.

A big thankyou Mikael and im back reading up on XF86Config. I shouldnt have made such
a stupid mistake in the first place.