Nqnsome schrieb:

> Why it only finds the old 640x480 mode after patching? What happens to
> the new (patched) 1024x768 mode?

In some previous post you already found out that ModeAttributes value
for the 1024x768 mode is 0x9a which (among other things) means that the
mode is "not supported by present hardware configuration". I think the
same happens with the new patched mode.
If the mode is marked as not supported, XFree86 won't list it as
built-in mode since it can't be set by calling the video BIOS.
I don't know why your BIOS always marks this mode as not supported. I
had this once with an embedded system which was only configured for a
800x600 LCD. Maybe the company who built your laptop configured the BIOS
for a 800x600 LCD, too but hooked up a 1024x768 one.

CU Christian
--
Christian Zietz  -  CHZ-Soft  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW: http://www.chzsoft.com.ar/