On Sun, Feb 20, 2005 at 01:34:40AM +0100, Németh Márton wrote:
>Hi!
>
>I've downloaded XFree86 4.4.99.901 from
>ftp://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/snapshots/4.4.99.901/binaries/Linux-ix86-glibc23/
>
>and run xtest 4.0.8 against it.
>
>There was some tests which failed:
>
>XCopyArea
>XDrawArc
>XDrawArcs
>XSetFontPath
>
>I don't know how to see exactly what went wrong and what would be the
>expected result.

The XDrawArc and XDrawArcs failures are expected, and are considered
acceptable.

The XSetFontPath problems may be configuration-related.  I don't see them,
and those code paths are certainly not driver-specific.

>Where to start debugging these failures?

The XCopyArea failure looks like a real driver problem.  I'd suggest
starting by running just the specific tests that are failing (there's
information about how to do that in the NOTES.xf86 file), and add some
debugging messages to the relevant S3 accel function to trace what is
happening.

Thanks for doing the testing and reporting your results.

The platforms I've tested on so far have shown only a few minor issues,
some of which were issues with the test suite itself.  The test suite
issues have been addressed in xtest version 4.0.10, available at:

  ftp://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/xtest/XFree86-xtest-4.0.10.tar.bz2

David