Hi Gerd,

> > I don't the background why AMD and OVMF has such difference. Maybe
> OVFM doesn't not support the MSR "EFER_ADDRESS".
>
> It surely does, it's a rather essential MSR for x64 CPUs.
>
> > > The SmBase configuration for OVMF looks suspicious to me.  I'm
> wondering
> > > whenever the OVMF code actually works in Ia32 builds ...
>
> Tested OvmfPkg/OvmfPkgIa32.dsc with SMM_REQUIRE == TRUE (master
> branch).
> Doesn't boot.  The difference above (where the OVMF code does not
> consider the 32bit case) could very well explain why 32bit support is
> broken.  Switching to the AMD code might actually fix that.
>
> Is the SmmRelocationLib approach supposed to work with mixed mode
> firmware where PEI is running in ia32 mode and dxe/smm is running
> in x64 mode (i.e. OvmfPkg/OvmfPkgIa32X64.dsc)?

Yes, I passed the test on the both OvmfPkgIa32X64 & OvmfPkgX64 for SMM support.

It does has the problem on OvmfPkgIa32 for smm support (same as master). I did
quick check, it's not only the CpuSaveState->x86 or CpuSaveState->x64 structure
issue, but also has some problem to handler the smi hook return. We can handle
this problem in another topic.

Thanks,
Jiaxin