On Freitag, März 7, 2003, at 11:11 Uhr, Rene Kluwen wrote:

...completely kannel-related. But I thought I'd ask here first.

In my country, shortly (in a few days), it will be possible to send/receive SMS messages by the PSTN/ISDN net.
We want to write an SMSC driver for kannel for this.

Does anybody have information or documentation about modems, or preferrably ISDN cards that support this feature?

TIA,

-- Rene Kluwen
   Chimit Software

this depends on the country specific way of doing this.
In Switzerland this is done over ISDN Q.931 data messages (User to User signalling) in a non standard way but I guess its relatively easy to reverse engineer.

Andreas Fink
Global Networks Switzerland AG

Tel: +41-61-6666333 Fax: +41-61-6666334 Mobile: +41-79-2457333
Global Networks, Inc. Clarastrasse 3, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Web: http://www.global-networks.ch/  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Member of the GSM Association